Luke 6:41 NIV

Luke 6:41 NIV
"Why do [I] look at the speck of sawdust in [my] brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in [my] own eye?"

1.11.2009

no W-A-A-Y?



You mean I can blow total strangers into tiny bits and pieces and help the American economy? Where do I sign up?

By the way. Last Monday Barack Obama said, "Government must act now to save this economy." I think I heard some crickets chirping in the background. And the sounds of Congress ignoring Obama.

Last Tuesday Barack Obama said, "Government must act NOW to save this economy." More crickets.

Last Wednesday Barack Obama said, "Government must act now to save this economy." (cue: crickets)

Last Thursday Barack Obama said, "Government must act now to save this economy. I'm hungry." Crickets beginning to complain.

Last Friday Barack Obama said, "Governments must act NOW to save this economy. Oh. And the $350 mil remaining in The Bucket? Screw the companies...let's give it back to the people so they can pay bills and buy useless crap, like GPS and bigscreen TV's." Crickets leaving the scene en masse.

Um...am I missing something? (I mean other than my savings?)

4 comments:

  1. IF that next stimulus package goes through i will be buying a gun and plenty of ammo to go along with it. a gun with uncle obama's money, how fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eloquently put! maybe i'll just sign on & plug into your blog to keep myself up2date politically! we just got tv for the first time in 6yrs and have been so amazed at the number of 'reality' shows that have the type of format that goes something like this "follow my life and see my ups and downs and this is why I'm unique or worth watching". Speaking of private finances, Kevin and I thought maybe we could do a reality show on "trying to live within our means" ... since I haven't run across one of those yet. Whatdya think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. we just got tv for the first time in 6yrs
    N-O-O-O! Give it back!!! Give it back!! Don't go towards the light!!

    "trying to live within our means" ... since I haven't run across one of those yet. Whatdya think?

    Been there, done that! It was a show a while back called "30 Days" (based on the "Super-Size Me" documentary where a guy ate nothing but McDonalds for 30 days. He stopped in for periodic health checks, etc. It was the catalyst for many fast food places adding "health" items to their menus.)

    One of the 30 days episodes was "Living on Minimum Wage". The "host" and his girlfriend lived (together) for 30 days on minimum wage jobs. It was a very sobering look on the importance of basic necessities such as food, heat, and health issues. (They did the experiment during the winter in, I think, Cleveland...or some other unforgiving, frigid environment!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw....You've dashed our hopes of being celebrities. Maybe we can find some other angle. Then again maybe we'll just accept that we're not THAT interesting!

    ReplyDelete